In 1967, Earlwood residents won the fight to save Nannygoat Hill from being levelled to provide fill for a new Sydney airport runway.
COME AND HELP CELEBRATE THE ANNIVERSARY OF THIS HISTORIC 'GREEN BAN' EVENT
Join the walk up Nanny Goat Hill dressed in 1960s vintage fashions to re-enact the 1967 resident protest.
Contact us if you can help with
- Walks to Nanny Goat Hill and surrounding area.
- Waiting on our guests at the Turrella Teahouse.
- Information, stories and a listening ear at the Yarn Spinners Tent.
- Old style children’s games and activities.
- Creating 1960s fashion items with the team from Reverse Garbage.
Do you have any of the following we could borrow?
Gazebos, chairs, tables, a large teapot.
Have you any vintage items such as decorative cups and saucers, tablecloths and cake stands?
Can you help with cooking 1960s style delicious home made cakes such as lamingtons, sponges, butterfly cupcakes and Anzac bikkies?
Do you have any suggestions for activities to add to the celebrations?
Earlwood, NSW 2206
Google map and directions