Join us at March in March to help send the message that Sydney is opposed to WestCONnex.
Meet near Eddy Ave entrance to Belmore Park
Rally at NSW Parliament
Thursday March 30
4:30pm to 6pm
White elephant dancers & more
The recent federal audit of westCONnex has confirmed suspicions that taxpayers' money is being misspent by this $17 billion toll road.
NOT ANOTHER CENT!
$1.6 billion of a federal loan for westCONnex is yet to be paid. We demand this loan be stopped immediately.
NO NEW TOLLS!
In order to fund westCONnex, Western Sydney drivers will be hit with hefty tolls. We demand no new tolls on currently free roads.
Endorsed by: No WestCONnex Public Transport, WestCONnex Direct Action, No WestCONnex Annandale, Newtown Residents Against WestCONnex, Rozelle Against WestCONnex, Leichhardt Against WestCONnex, Camperdown Residents Aware of WestCONnex, Tunnel Vision Doco, Save Ashfield Park
To add your group's endorsement email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday, April 02, 2017 at 03:00 PM
- USYD School of Nursing in Camperdown, Australia
Come to a public meeting to find out what WestConnex will mean for residents of Camperdown. The meeting will address the potential impacts of WestConnex in this area and what you can do to join the campaign against WestConnex.
DATE: Sunday 2nd April, 2017
TIME: 3pm – 5pm
ADDRESS: Sydney Nursing School
Room C301 Level 3
88 Mallett Street, Camperdown
- Noel Child is an independent engineer who recently spoke to Newtown residents and answered their questions. He will discuss "Concerns about WestConnex - Tunnelling and Ventilation"
- Jozefa Sobski is a resident of Haberfield, an area where residents have been greatly impacted by the demolition, tunnelling and construction of WestConnex. She will share her experiences of "Living near a WestConnex Site".
- Professor James Weirick is the Director of the Master of Urban Development and Design (MUDD) program, Faculty of the Built Environment, UNSW. He will present an alternative solution to Sydney's transport needs and restructuring WestConnex whilst utilising work already done. His topic for discussion is "Restructure, Redefine and Reinvent WestConnex".
- Christina Valentine is the Co-Convenor of Leichhardt against WestConnex (LAW). Christina will be speaking on the topic of "Preparing for the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)".
Jenny Leong MP, Greens Member for Newtown. Jenny has been working with CRAW and many other groups campaigning to “Stop WestConnex and expose dodgy planning processes & the lack of transparency”.
For more information, click here.
Follow CRAW on Facebook.
- Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 02:00 PM
- The Corner Gallery in Stanmore, Australia
Janet is a local artist who has been strongly involved with the campaign against #westCONnex.
She is having a week-long exhibition at The Corner Gallery Stanmore. The show is called “Regarding Sydney Park” running from Wed 19 April to Tues 25 April, 10 am - 4 pm.
The opening is on Saturday afternoon 22 April, 2-4 pm.
"The choice of subject matter grew out of my involvement with the campaign against WestConnex and to save Sydney Park.
"Over the past 10 years or so I have watched the fantastic development of Sydney Park, my local green space. I walk there often. It is sad and infuriating to see it pared back and degraded, to satisfy the desire of politicians and their mates for another horrible toll road--to the detriment of the people of Sydney, and the environment.
"Last year to help raise awareness of what was happening to the park and its rim of trees, some of us involved with the campaign organised a small exhibition “Save Sydney Park - Adopt a Tree”. Philip Bell, who owns The Corner Gallery, kindly donated the space. That exhibition gave me the idea for a series of expressive paintings about the park.
"My paintings are not only about the beautiful present-day park and the current struggle to protect it, but they also attempt to evoke its interesting history. The land was a swamp and kangaroo hunting ground, farms, quarry, brickworks, tip—even, according to legend, a circus elephant burial site. I have this past in mind on my strolls, while sketching the well-groomed hills and carefully planned water-harvesting ponds. Material from the park itself and my own sketches, prints and mixed media collage techniques have helped to keep the resulting paintings layered and edgy."
Net proceeds will go to the NSW Environmental Defenders Office—the EDO. http://www.edonsw.org.au
- Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 11:00 AM – May 15, 2017
- Salon Callan in Rozelle, Australia
An anti-WestCONnex art exhibition/screening program featuring work in a variety of media by 15 largely inner-west artists and filmmakers.
Open hours are 11am-5pm