Come to a public meeting to find out what WestConnex will mean for residents of Camperdown. The meeting will address the potential impacts of WestConnex in this area and what you can do to join the campaign against WestConnex.
DATE: Sunday 2nd April, 2017
TIME: 3pm – 5pm
ADDRESS: Sydney Nursing School
Room C301 Level 3
88 Mallett Street, Camperdown
- Noel Child is an independent engineer who recently spoke to Newtown residents and answered their questions. He will discuss "Concerns about WestConnex - Tunnelling and Ventilation"
- Jozefa Sobski is a resident of Haberfield, an area where residents have been greatly impacted by the demolition, tunnelling and construction of WestConnex. She will share her experiences of "Living near a WestConnex Site".
- Professor James Weirick is the Director of the Master of Urban Development and Design (MUDD) program, Faculty of the Built Environment, UNSW. He will present an alternative solution to Sydney's transport needs and restructuring WestConnex whilst utilising work already done. His topic for discussion is "Restructure, Redefine and Reinvent WestConnex".
- Christina Valentine is the Co-Convenor of Leichhardt against WestConnex (LAW). Christina will be speaking on the topic of "Preparing for the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)".
Jenny Leong MP, Greens Member for Newtown. Jenny has been working with CRAW and many other groups campaigning to “Stop WestConnex and expose dodgy planning processes & the lack of transparency”.
For more information, click here.
Follow CRAW on Facebook.
- April 02, 2017 at 3pm – 5pm
USYD School of Nursing
88 Mallett St
Camperdown, NSW 2050
Google map and directions
0410 621 756